skip to main content
New Hire

New Hire

  • I just started working, when do my benefits start?
    • Benefits take effect the first day of the following month.
  • What plan is most recommended?
      • Each employees wants and needs are different, the Benefits Department has a recommendation tool that employees are welcome to utilize. 
Changing benefits

Changing benefits

  • How can I go about adding a dependent to my benefits?
    • In order to add someone to your benefits, you will need a qualifying life event change and have 30 days from the date of the event to turn in any necessary paperwork and supporting documents. 
  • What happens if the 30 days passed?
    • You will need to wait until open enrollment to add dependents and turn in necessary paperwork and supporting documentation. Unless there is a qualifying event.
Benefits Termination/retirement 

Benefits Termination/retirement 

  • If I leave PVUSD, when will I lose coverage?
    • Normally benefits end the 1st of the following month. However, if you work 11 months and leave PVUSD either.
      • The end of the 1st semester benefits will end February 1 
      • The last day of the school year will end September 1.
  • I'm thinking of retiring, could I still keep my benefits?
    • In order to still have benefits you will need to find out if you qualify for retiree benefits. The qualifications are:
      • Are range 55-64
        • Employees 65 years or older do not qualify for district paid retiree benefits and must enroll in Medicare part A and B 3 months prior to their retirement.
      • Work for PVUSD 10 continuous year or consecutive years for 11 month employees
      • Certificated employees must retiree from CalSTRS.
    • Could I still keep my family on my benefits?
      • Certificated Retirees could keep their dependents, but will be paying the $56 or $90 to keep their dependents on their benefits.
      • Classified Retirees that are at a family rate will need to remove any additional dependents. Per CSEA contract, retiree benefits will only cover the employee and one other dependent. If the retiree chooses to keep the family on their benefits they will need to pay the difference between a two-party and a family rate