Gifted and Talented Education
The Comprehensive Accountibility Framework for the Pajaro Valley Unified School District focuses on data-driven instruction. The first step in teacher planning is to analyze student work to determine the level of understanding and achievement. Lessons focus on the various instructional levels in the classroom to provide a rigorous curriculum to all students.
Appropriate strategies for gifted students include (but are not limited to):
- Integrated Thematic Units for Houghton Mifflin reading series (Click here to access ITU's)
- Literature Circles and Novel Study
- Rubrics that set clear goals for advanced writing
- Use of Depth and Complexity Icons to extend the core curriculum
- Research Projects or I-Search (Click here to access resources)
- Reader-writer workshop
- Higher level of Thinking Taxonomy (Click here to access resources)
- Choice Boards and Extension Menus
- Noyce Foundation Problem of the Month www.noycefdn.org/pom.php
Parents: Please sign up for our email list
Since we can do just one mass mailing each year, we want to be able to use email and our website as more affordable and timely means of communicating GATE news and events to you, our GATE families, students, teachers and other interested people. Please click the link below to complete this simple contact form.
Note: If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer (IE) browser, you may not be able to see the sign-up form. IE version 9, or any other browser, will work, but not IE 8 or earlier. You can update your IE to version 9, or you can download Firefox for free (or another browser). Then view this page in IE 9 or Firefox and you should be fine.