Language Assessment Resource Center (LARC)
To request CELDT scores or other English Learner status information, please fax your request form to (831)761-6021 or call (831)761-6165.
For more information about services provided by LARC, please visit us at:
English Learner Advisory Committee - ELAC
The English Learner Advisory Committee, ELAC, is established to promote a meaningful connection with the parents of English learner students (EL) at the school site. Every school with 21 or more EL students must offer the opportunity to establish an ELAC.
The percentage of parents of English learners on the committee must be at least the same as that of English learners at the school. NOTE: Examples of membership include any parent, staff and interested community members.
The committee advises and assits the school on the following:
- The school's program for English learners
- The development of the Single School Plan for Student Achievement
- The school's needs assessment
- The school's annual language census (R30)
- Efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance
District English Learner Advisory Committee - DELAC
Each California public school district, grades K-12, with 51 or more English learners must form a district-level English learner advisory committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
Parents or guardians of English learners not employed by the district must constitute a majority membership (51% or more) of the committee.
Each school English learner advisory committee (ELAC) must have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the DELAC. If the district has 31 or more ELACs, it may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
The purpose of the DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education,is to advise the district’s local governing board (e.g., in person, by letters/reports) on programs and services for English learners listed below.
For Parents/ Para los Padres de Familia
School District Sponsored Workshops/ Talleres Patrocinados por el Distrito Escolar
- Understanding Your Child's Special Needs / Comprendiendo las necesidades especiales de su hijo/a
- Free Tutoring (SES) Parent Information Night / Informacion para Padres de Familia acerca de la Tutoria Educativo Gratis, (SES)
- ELAC and SSC New Member Training (flyer) / Capacitacion para la membrecia nueva a los comites ELAC y SSC (volante)